Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Error "FAILURE in act_release_timeout"

The error "FAILURE in act_release_timeout" display at console of 1750 router with FXS voice port. Anyone know it?

Re: Error "FAILURE in act_release_timeout"

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center ( or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Community Member

Because I havn't the contract with cisco of TAC. So I can't aske TAC. But I can't serach any material about that error at cisco web site.

Cisco Employee

What IOS version are you running? There are a couple bugs that match what you're seeing.

May not be visible, but it addresses this issue, and it's resolved in the latest 12.2 mainline releases.

Community Member

Thanks your reply! The IOS should be 12.1(5)T8 of 1750 with 2 FXS voice interface card. I can't serach the bug CSCds76940 at the bug tools. When I serach it, it display error as following:

Sorry -- The defect you have requested CSCds76940 cannot be displayed.

This may be due to one or more of the following:

The defect number does not exist.

The defect does not have a customer-visible description available yet.

The defect has been marked Cisco Confidential.

Thanks your help!!

Cisco Employee

If you're running 12.1T code, then I would suggest upgrading to 12.2(10b) which is available off of CCO, it has the fix for the bug I provided.

CreatePlease to create content