Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error: "Sorry, I did not hear your entry" when trying to listen to messages

All of a sudden, several subscribers have a problem where they can't listen to their vmail, they get an error after pressing 1. After pressing the number one to hear new messages, it goes "new messages, message one.... sorry, I did not hear your entry.... to hear new messages press one." It recognizes that the 1 digit is pressed and starts the process to play them but at the point it is ready to play it, I get the message and it goes back in to the menu. All other functions work. There are 10 messages in the box, you can leave more messages, there are no messages in the unityMTA folder, all the services are running, I did not find any bugs. What can I do next? Are there traces I can do? Is there some setting that needs to be changed?

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, what version of Unity and configuration are you running (i.e. Ex55/2K/Domino)?

Are there any errors in the application event log that show up when you do this?

Things don't normally just start happening on their own like this... any changes in the system around the time this happened?

Sorry, I should have put it in. The version is Unity 3.1.5 with Exch 2000 off box. There are no errors in the app or sys log when I do this. I found that if I hit 0 after the error, it will go through a menu and then play the end of the first message (that is, "left at ......to hear new messages press 1"), if I hit the pound, it will play the rest of the messages in the mailbox.

This is a subscriber who was out since June 2 and just returned to find this. She claims that others have the same problem but I have not received any other complaints. As usual, everyone insists nothing was changed.

This is really strange. I forwarded the first message to my test account then deleted it from the original account. Now, I can listen to all the other messages in the original account. In my test account, the old problem occurs there now. I get the same exact error and can't listen to any other messages. I think the error may be part of the vmail message that somehow got recorded as a defective vmail, as opposed to an actual error being generated by Unity. Is this possible? Could there be a "bad" vmail? There were no errors generated at the time the vmail was left.

Can you listen to that VMail from Outlook?

Another possibility is that this is a message delivery issue where Unity delivered a message notification to that subscriber's extension which forwarded into Unity for that guy and then recorded Unity saying something on one port and recording it on another - the message would sound like "...calling with a message for (voice name) please enter your id..." or the like.

Yes, it's possible to have a "bad" voice mail, but not likely - if no errors are showing up it'd be interesting to just listen to the WAV file of that message and see if it just recorded something fragmentary and odd that's throwing you off over the phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: