Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Error sending VM ?????

Here is a little background: we are running unity 2.4.6 in a dual integration between cisco and nortel. we are using voicemail only. The user that is having this problem is a cisco user. I am getting some complaints that other people are getting this message as well. This user clamis that she is not forwarding or sending any voicemails from her vm box. This message just appears out of nowhere. Here is the info:<br><br>Could someone possible tell me why users get this message in their voicemail box: <br><br>when a user checks her voicemail she will get a message that says "Voice message - long pause maybe 5 - 10 seconds - sorry the voicemail you sent at (timestamp) could not be delivered to general mailbox. press 1 to resend, 2 change address, 3 to delete."<br><br>When i go into the unity box and look in outlook for this user, this message appears in her inbox:<br><br>Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.<br><br> Subject: Message from Catherine Hanley<br> Sent: 10/17/01 4:07 PM<br><br>The following recipient(s) could not be reached:<br><br> General Mailbox on 10/17/01 4:07 PM<br> The recipient was unavailable to take delivery of the message<br> The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Datek Online;l=UNITY2-011017200631Z-13431<br> MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:Unity:UNITY<br><br><br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Error sending VM ?????

If it's an NDR as described, the original message sent should be bundled into it and you can unpack it and listen to it from Outlook. This might give you a clue as to the origin of the message itself... it might not be a voice message at all, all NDRs are presented in the voice mail stack for users regardless of what the original message type was.

Off hand I can't think why anyone would be getting NDRs if they claim to have not sent any messages over the phone and are not using email other than, perhaps, if these folks were accidentally added to the Unaddressed Messages distribution list or some such thing bug messages would be bounced from the Unity Messaging System account, not the "general mailbox" account in that case. Either way, take a look at the originating message itself and we'll go from there.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Jeff

I think I figured out what the problem is. While at the users desk, she checked her VM messsages and while she was doing that she received another call and placed the VM on hold. I noticed that after some time of no response, unity will play the opening greeting call handler message. at the end of the message it sends caller to general mailbox greeting and tries to take a message for the general mailbox. this would explain the pause in the begining of the NDR message. I tried this from my phone and received the NDR message every time. I am going to change the settngs in the opening greeting to say goodbye after greeting since we don't use the general mailbox to take messages.

Thanks
Ernie

Anonymous
N/A

also be sure to check that the messages for Example Administrator (the defualt recipient for messages to the operator box, the general mailbox interview handler, unaddressed messages distribution list and the like) are being checked. It sounds like perhaps that guy's mailbox is full and you still have messages going to him. If you're not using the example interview handler to take messages for folks that's probably not a big deal but it's a good idea to make sure you have a "real" subscriber picking up messages that are directed by default to the Example Administrator.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.