Helpful
Replies

(error) Subscriber Template does not have a primary call handler reference

maslaga
Level 1
Level 1

In running dbWalker, I am getting an error:

(error) Subscriber Template does not have a primary call handler reference

I am also not able to add users. What do I need to do to fix this?

11 Replies 11

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is that for all the templates on your system (there should be two by default at least)? Or just one of them? That's actually a reasonably serious issue... we can create another primary handler for a subscriber template by hand but it's a little tricky.

If you're running 3.1(5) you can recreate the default objects easily by running a script that ships with the system... if not this gets a bit harder and we'll probably need access to the box or at least take if off line and do it over a phone call.

Yes, it is on all three. I am running 3.1(5). There does not appear to be a call handler in sql for any of them, yet they all have a reference to call handlers. TAC Case D263438. There is remote access information in the tac case if necessary.

I downloaded the most recent version of dbWalker (I like that additions you made to it, by the way), and it is showing an error on every subscriber:

(error) in directory dump function=Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

I don't have access to the case notes from here... ping me directly at lindborg@cisco.com and I can see if I can take a look. Also, if you can send me the output for the dbWalker run you did, it'd help me narrow down the BOF/EOF stuff quicker...

Hi Jeff,

I am experiencing the exact same issue on a new 3.15 installation. I started getting the error yesterday about the same time (wierd). I have opened a Tac case D263869. Could I send you an output as well?

I am having the same thing on a test system in my lab.

What would be the script name to run that would fix this problem?

tracy
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also having the same error, here it is from DBWALKER

Alias=defaulttemplate

Display Name={Default Subscriber} Template

(error) subscriber template does not have a valid primary call handler reference

Alias=defaultadmintemplate

Display Name={Default Administrator} Template

(error) subscriber template does not have a valid primary call handler reference

*** finished handler walk

Database walk complete at:1/13/2003 9:03:35 PM

Version of Unity?

Version of dbWalker?

depending on your Unity version you may have the option of recreating the default templates automatically but I'll need that version info first.

Same problem on 3.1.5, dbwalker as found in tools depot.

What is the script you talked about, is ti this that recreates the default template?

Also, should I be using a newer version of DB Walker?

TIA

If you download the latest version of dbWalker off CiscoUnitytools.com it will have a function under the File menu called "Recreate Default Templates". It will blow away the residual default template info in the database and recreate them from scratch. All you need to do after that is fire up the SA and be sure to add the distribution lists to the templates you want users added to when you make them with these templates (i.e. include the "all Subscribers" DL here).

Will recreate only the default templates? or will it recreate default call handlers as well (operator, opening greeting, etc).

nope, just the templates. If you want to recreate the entire set of default objects there's an SQL script you can use for that but more often than not when I run into template issues in the field it's isolated to the templates themselves so I wanted a mechanism to just replace those and nothing else.

If you need to recreate all your default objects let me know.