cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error upgrading to 2.4.6 fro 2.4.5

jschless
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a customer that is upgrading a Unity server from 2.4.5 to 2.4.6. Just a software upgrade. He has converted the server from Win NT 4 to Win2k, with SP1 and high encryption pack. He also has applied SP4 for Exchange 5.5 and pretty much has followed the upgrade proceedure to the end. He starts the Unity upgrade and enters the necessary information including the LDAP port. The installation reaches a point where it stops the Unity services, and shortly after that a message comes up: Installation proceedure is not complete. You should re-run setup in it's entirety.<br><br>I suggested that he make sure he is logged in properly with the required rights. This is a stand-alone unity with no other nodes in the domain. The Unity is a Domain Controller and he is logged in as Administrator. Administrator is a member of domain controllers and should have all the necessary rights. <br><br>What may be causing this error? Does Unity create a error log? Nothing helpful was in the Event Viewer. This server does have plenty of memory (512MB RAM).<br><br>Any suggestions to where to look next? <br>Thanks in advance.<br><br>Jeff Schlesser<br>CSE<br>TAC Engineer<br>408-527-4204

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Yes, the setup creates a log file called "TEMPU.LOG"... just search the C drive for it, it should be the only one. I'd be interested in seeing what the last several lines have to say in there.

It's probably not a rights issue since you would have gotten a message early on about that, but you can run the SysCheckPreinstall application off CD #1 of the 2.4.6 disk set to have it do a full sweep of the NT/Exchange rights check. It might pick something up.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: