Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Error while adding/importing subscriber

Hi

I have trouble while adding/importing subscriber -- "Templates CallHandler not found"

I have searched the bug details from bug toolkit that claims DBWalker 3.0.46 has an option to recreate the default templates. Does version 3.0.56 has this option.

Also, I have failed to installed the DBWalker 3.0.56 on the Unity even reboot the Unity. It just prompt "Setup cannot continue because some system files are out of date on your system. Click OK if you would like setup to update these files for you now. You will need to restart Windows before you can run setup again. Click cancel to exit setup without updating system files."

Are there any other procedures I need to do. Pls give me some advice.

Thx very much.

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Error while adding/importing subscriber

Hmmm... somone else reported something similiar with an install of DiRT (the system file error message) - this sounds like a bug that was in the Microsoft visual studio setup library a while back - I wonder if one of the old libraries got into our build machines.

Hang tight, I'll go run some tests in the lab and produce another setup of dbWalker for you to try.

Cisco Employee

OK, I repacked the setup with updated MS libraries to be sure everything is up to date and published it. Can you download 3.0.56 from here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_DirectoryWalker3.htm

and run the setup again - if it's still barking about system files being out date then click OK, let it update the system files and reboot. There are a couple VB DLLs that need to be on the system - for 3.1(5) systems and later, however, they should already be there. If you're on an older version of Unity it's possible they really do need to be udpated and that does require a restart.

Sys Config: Unity 3.13, TSP 6.02b, Win 2K w/ SP3, SQL 2K w/ SP3

Hi Jeff, I still can't install the DBWalker 3.0.56 - 5/22/2003 on the Unity Server even reboot and reboot again.

Thx for giving me advice again.

Cisco Employee

Well, not sure what the deal is - I've at several sites install that version this wekeend without a problem so I'm pretty sure it's not the setup itself - do you have a virus package configured or the like that may be preventing system files from being updated for some reason?

You can try unpacking the CAB file in the setup directly using PKZip or WinZIP and copying the EXEs, SQL scripts and help file into the directory of a previous installation of dbWalker - at this point I'm not sure what else to suggest right off hand.

I can use the DBWalker by copying the EXEs, SQL scripts....into the directory.

Thx very much.

However, Does this version of DBWalker fix the bug I mentioned before automatically? Because I would like to know the side effect and the steps to fix the problem before using the tool in real practice.

Cisco Employee

I don't understand what you're askiner here... which problem are you talking about? The construction of the templates?

Views
Helpful
Replies