Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Errors after running Directory Walker

I will be migrating Unity 2.4.6 to 3.1(4). I ran Directory Walker and received some errors that I need clarification on. I am receiving the following errors and would like to know if they need immediate attention or if I can go ahead with the import\export process.

Errors:

1.) Error greeting ‘after greeting’ destination Alias=openinggreetingch

2.) (error) in directory dump function=Method ‘~’ of object ‘~’ failed

3.) Handler owner alias=(error) Invalid Handler Owner

4.) Handler message recipient alias=(error) Invalid Handler Recipient

I don’t see any exact reference to fix a specific object. Could I have some clarification and direction on the above errors.

Appreciate it.

Bob

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Errors after running Directory Walker

Each of the errors will be listed under a call handler or a subscriber, that’s the object you need to fix. For the ones you list:

1. This is not an error… this is the “error greeting” which is a special greeting that indicates where we send a call when the user enters something invalid during a greeting. By default it’s sent back to the opening greeting which is what that note references. Only text in red (on the more recent versions of dbWalker) and preceded by “(error)” are actual errors you need to worry about.

2. This looks like a connectivity issue or a bug… anything with a ~ in it like that is usually a COM component (i.e. the DOH – database wrapper for Unity) returning a bug. Which version of dbWalker are you running?

3. and 4. – all call handlers must have a valid recipient and owner. If you had a subscriber or a public distribution list noted as the owner and or recipient of a call handler and then deleted them this error will be noted. You need to go to that call handler and select a valid owner and recipient and you’ll want to do this before doing the export since the import will simply recreate the same error condition.

Views
Helpful
Replies