Views
Helpful
Replies

Esmtp accounting in Store and Forward Fax

v.adolina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've AS5350 GW configured to T.37 and T.38. In the document http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1830/products_feature_guide09186a0080087adb.html it is mentioned that it is possible to send xact command and as the answer on this command you'll have the entire statistic about the message witch is very convenient for us. I’ve did as it was written and it was ok when you do it. My question is how it is possible to receive this information automatically? The problem is that the email server who sends the emails to this fax gateway doesn’t support this command. How is it possible to get this statistic in this way?

And one more question concerning the command:

Is it standard esmtp command or no? If yes is it possible to provide me with the link on the document which is proving that.

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply 1

b.speltz
Level 4
Level 4

From the link you sent, it says "The responsibility of delivering the fax-mail message falls to SMTP and the mail server." Also, "You need not configure any commands on the Cisco AS5300 to enable ESMTP accounting."... so I would take a look at the MTA and be sure it's set up correctly.