Views
Helpful
Replies

even one line is free, call waiting send a busytone

Thomas Brunsfeld
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all,

CCM 3.3.2 with enabled (default) call waiting feature send a busy tone to a user when he tries to call phone x. He should get a dialtone since only one line is engaged. Shared line is configured and this behaviour affects, so far I know, only one configured phone on CCM. Has anybody experienced such an issue ?

Kind regards

Thomas

4 Replies 4

robrhodes
Level 3
Level 3

Not sure exactly what you are asking. If a user gets dial-tone then your talking about a user (the calling party) being unable to make a second call on a shared line appearance DN with call waiting enabled. Is that the scenario?

There is a service parameter "Shared Line New Call Softkey Disable" which will prevent you from making a second call on a DN that is shared. The default is false, meaning you CAN make a second call but if it were true you shouldn't get anything, much less a busy tone.

Call waiting on shared DNs can create some unusual problems, at least it did in earlier versions.

Hi:

Where can i found this feature?

This service parameter is found under Service > Service Parameters. From the Server drop-down boxe select your (publisher) server and from the Service drop-down box select CallManager.

Look for Cluster Wide Parameters (Device - Phone).

Thomas Brunsfeld
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sorry for the delay in my response. regarding to the first entry on my question I think you are right. for instance: userA has a conversation with userB. userC try to get userA. Even call waiting is configured for userA userC gets a busytone instead of a dialtone. the feature "Shared Line New Call Softkey Disable" is the default=false, otherwise it would not work on the other remaining phones also since it is a global feature. Let's come back to your last mentioned thought. Do you know more about problems when call waiting is enabled on shared lines?

Kindest regards

thomas