Views
Helpful
Replies

even one line is free, call waiting send a busytone

Thomas Brunsfeld
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all,

CCM 3.3.2 with enabled (default) call waiting feature send a busy tone to a user when he tries to call phone x. He should get a dialtone since only one line is engaged. Shared line is configured and this behaviour affects, so far I know, only one configured phone on CCM. Has anybody experienced such an issue ?

Kind regards

Thomas

4 Replies 4

robrhodes
Level 3
Level 3

Not sure exactly what you are asking. If a user gets dial-tone then your talking about a user (the calling party) being unable to make a second call on a shared line appearance DN with call waiting enabled. Is that the scenario?

There is a service parameter "Shared Line New Call Softkey Disable" which will prevent you from making a second call on a DN that is shared. The default is false, meaning you CAN make a second call but if it were true you shouldn't get anything, much less a busy tone.

Call waiting on shared DNs can create some unusual problems, at least it did in earlier versions.

Hi:

Where can i found this feature?

This service parameter is found under Service > Service Parameters. From the Server drop-down boxe select your (publisher) server and from the Service drop-down box select CallManager.

Look for Cluster Wide Parameters (Device - Phone).

Thomas Brunsfeld
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sorry for the delay in my response. regarding to the first entry on my question I think you are right. for instance: userA has a conversation with userB. userC try to get userA. Even call waiting is configured for userA userC gets a busytone instead of a dialtone. the feature "Shared Line New Call Softkey Disable" is the default=false, otherwise it would not work on the other remaining phones also since it is a global feature. Let's come back to your last mentioned thought. Do you know more about problems when call waiting is enabled on shared lines?

Kindest regards

thomas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: