cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Event ID's in Event viewer

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Our Unity Unity 2.4 Build 2.4.5.73 server is only a month old and We've already experienced a system "hang". After rebooting the server everything seemed to be okay but now I have these entries in my event viewer and would like to be able to lookup what they mean and what caused these system crashes. Can anyone refer me to a web page where I can lookup these event ID's specific to Winnt4.0 sp6 and Unity.<br><br>These are the event ID's just in case someone out there has already experienced these same issues.<br>SOURCE: DalEx_MC CATEGORY: Error EVENT ID: 31000<br><br>Timeout retrieving Extension-Attribute-14, Extension-Attribute-5, Extension-Attribute-2, Voice-Mail-Greetings, distinguishedName for cn=openinggreetingch3adde15d,cn=CallHandlers,cn=Handlers,cn=Unity,ou=UNITY,o=UNITY.ORG. Please contact Technical Support.<br><br><br>SOURCE: AvConvMsg_MC CATEGORY: Error EVENT ID: 10002<br><br>Timeout retrieving Extension-Attribute-14, Extension-Attribute-5, Extension-Attribute-2, Voice-Mail-Greetings, distinguishedName for cn=openinggreetingch3adde15d,cn=CallHandlers,cn=Handlers,cn=Unity,ou=UNITY,o=UNITY.ORG. Please contact Technical Support.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Rudy<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Those errors are actually pretty straight forward and the description you post is accurate. We are attempting to get information from the custom attributes on the mail user "openinggreeting". Yes, this is a call handler, but we create them with a mail user object in Exchange (since in 5.5 you can't really create custom objects, you have to use what's there). We stuff items in the custom properties (10 through 14) and some of the visible properties and then hide these users under the Unity folder in Exchange with no desiplay name so they don't show up in your address book.

It looks like something hammered the custom properties on that guy, they got corrupted or our access to the directory was interrupted. The conversation loads that opening greeting call handler and needs access to information for where the greeting file is stored etc... to start playing it for the caller.

If the info got trashed I would think it would not have recovered (which it sounds like it did). That would indicate the Exchagne server had a problem where we couldn't pull information from the directory for some reason. This would have been our local Unity server since all the call handler objects are stored locally and all our access to the directory goes through there.

did these messages get entered before the crash or are you saying they're showing up now after the crash? Is suspect the former since I don't think we'd be running properly if we can't pull data out of the directory for the opening greeting.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)