Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Event Log Warning

Source: AvNotifier_MC

[Thread 0x0000133C] Unable to froward System NDR to Example Administrator - NBCO-UNITY1

This occured after I rehomed unity to a new Exchnage server. It had previously been on box (NBCO-UNITY1) . I went through the manula rehoming procedure and everything else seems fine. How do I correct this?

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Event Log Warning

sounds like the link to the UnaddressedMessages public distribution lists is broken here...

In the registry, check HKLM\Software\Active Voice\Notivier\SystemMailboxNDRTarget. The key should have an alias in there of "UnaddressedMessages" by default. If that's there make sure you have a public distribution lists with that mail alias (not the name field which shows up by default in ADUC - this throws folks off all the time). Sounds like the notifier is trying to handle an NDR message that came back to the Unity Messaging System account (i.e. due to a full mailbox or something) and can't find this DL by alias to pass the message off to.

I have two unaddressed messages distributions lists (no idea why) I assume that is the problem. Should I just delete one of them?

Scratch that. I added a second unity server, which will eventually be a failover once I get some licensing issues squared away. That is where the second one came from.

Cisco Employee

do they both have the same mail alias? If you attempt to send a message from outlook to "UnaddressedMessages", what happens?

You can remove the UnaddressedMessages DL introduced by the failover system (it should be using the same DL as the primary anyway) and see if it is an issue of a non-unique mail alias here.

I also have a second Example administrator that was created by the second server. I haven't run the failover wizard yet, will this stuff be taken care of by that. Should I have both Example Administrator accounts in AD? Should I make the second EAdmin a member of the first unaddressed messages distribution list?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content