cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

event viewer messages

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a customer request to identify unity event viewer errors. They are utilizing software to track and identify problems and errors and create action items based on those issues. They would like to know what is important, what is not, and is there a data base (similar to technet) from which the customer can search error messages as they find them in Unity?<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

There is no handy resource for this. It’s a much taller order than it might sound like and in most cases there isn’t a handy explanation for what the problem is. A lot of the errors will reference code modules and further investigation is required to then discern what caused the error.

In general warnings and information notations can be ignored. Most of these are normal shutdown/startup type notations. Only error entries are of concern. The text description that comes with the error itself does try to give a pointer to the problem at hand but I realize most of the information is only useful to a field tech or an engineer.

This is one of those things I’d rather see the engineers pumping up the description that goes into the log as opposed to generating a stand alone document for external reference. If you have specific errors in the logs you’d like to see come with more explanation, post them here and I can see if it’s possible to be more descriptive/clear in the error information.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg