cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Eventlog warning

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I am getting this msg in the eventlog:<br>[Thread 0x00000534] Unable to load distribution list unaddressedmessages. <br>Any ideas what needs to happen to rectify?<br><br>schois

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

Any chance you deleted the Unaddressed messages DL and then added it back later? this message will come up when the background cleanup process wants to send messages that bounced back to the Unity messaging system account (i.e. NDRs from unknown callers leaving messages for subscribers with full mailboxes) and wants to dump them into this public distribution list. If that guy is not there or the alias doesn't match what we're looking for you can potentially lose these messages... not cool.

There's two places in the registry you need to check to make sure this is right...

HKLM\Software\Active Voice\System Parameters\1.0. The key name here is "Unaddressed Messages Distribution List" and it should have the full alias of the DL (pull this from Exchange, it'll be "unaddressedmessagesxxxx" where xxxx is the hex version of the SYSTEM_ID value).

HKLM\Software\Active Voice\Notifier. The key name here is "SystemMailboxNDRTarge". Again, it needs to be the full alias from the exchange system for the unaddressed messages DL.

Make sure these are correct... you may need to restart Unity if you have to change one or both of them (it might read it on the fly but I wouldn't count on it).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

No, never deleted the Unaddress Messages DL.
SystemParameters\1.0 was missing the entry altogether.
Notifier\SystemMailboxNDRTarget was missing the SYSTEM_ID value, it just listed "unaddressedmessages".
I will have to restart Unity later. thanks

schois

jmorano
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the exact same issue. I am missing the first registry key altogether, and the second says the value is "unaddressedmesaages" with no HEX address. What is the way to fix this problem?

You need to check the registry to be sure the notifier (the component that takes care of handling NDRs that come back to the Unity Messaging System account) is pointing to a valid public distribution list. This is referenced by alias in the registry under:

HKLM\Software\Active Voice\Notifier

There’s a key there called “SystemMailboxNDRTarget” and it should be set to something like “unaddressedmessages3d0f8b7” or the like. This is the alias of the unaddressedmessages public DL we create as part of setup but it can be any alias of any distribution list.

Pop open the Exchange 5.5 administrator and find the unaddressedmessages DL (it’ll be under \recipients\Distribution Lists by default) and check the properties on the DL. Make sure the “Alias Name” field is what appears in the registry for that key. Restart Unity and this should clear that problem.