cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Example administrator corrupted by import during upgrade to 3.1.5 from 2.4.

borisdecout
Level 1
Level 1

We've just upgraded from 2.4.6-161 to 3.1.5.

We had built a new system with 3.1.5 in parallel of the 2.4.6. We have exported the users and imported them into 3.1.5.

I believe the example administrator account that was already setup on the 3.1.5 server got overwritten by the old one during the import.

Dbwalker reports

"

Alias=EAdmin

Display Name=Example Administrator - DO NOT DELETE - SMTO-UNITYVM-02

Jump to this subscriber in the SA using this link: Open SA to this subscriber

(error) The primary call handler for this subscriber has it's AdministratorObjectID value set to point to a different subscriber.

You can fix this in DOHPropTest by copying the ObjectID of the subscriber into the AVP_ADMINISTRATOR_OBJECT_ID value for the primary call handler.

This can also, however, mean a there is a 'cross linked' call handler problem where a single primary call handler is being 'shared' by more than one subscriber.

"

If I look at the subribers, I have 2 example administrators

Example Administrator 99999 EAdmin

Example Administrator 99999 EAdministrator

If I call the system and try to get to a call handler , I get a message saying that the system is temporarely down.

How do I reconciliate the example administraor account properly.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Did you run the Unity 2.X uninstall before importing the data into 3.1(5)?

Regardless, the Example Administrator isn't a required account and Cisco recommends that you remove it anyway. Here are the steps to do it properly:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/remove_example_admin.html

You might need to do a couple of the steps for both of your Example Administrator accounts.

Keith

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: