cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Example Interview Handler Required?

tonyw1538
Level 1
Level 1

To keep my server neat and tidy, I like to remove handlers, subscribers, etc. that are not being used. Over the weekend somebody got into the Example Interview Handler, which was not being properly used by anything, so I removed it.

Now DBWalker (Version 3.0 Build 86) complains that it cannot find an interview handler:

(0:(error) Internal dbWalker error:3021 (Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.) in procedure checkInterviewHandlers of Form frmMain)

The same flaw in my personality that requires me to clean up the server also hates errors in DBWalker.

Can anything be done (about the server -- there is no hope for me)? Must I create a bogus interview handler to avoid errors in my daily DBWalker run?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, it's not necessary - I have a boo-boo in my dbWalker logic that assumes that at least one interview handler is in the system's database and if you removed the example interviewer and didn't add another that wont be the case - I can fix that logic up no problem.

Also, be sure you change your opening greeting call handler logic such that it doesn't send calls to the example interviewer at night (the default behavior out of the box) - this should be the only explicit reference to that object in the database you have to worry about.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, it's not necessary - I have a boo-boo in my dbWalker logic that assumes that at least one interview handler is in the system's database and if you removed the example interviewer and didn't add another that wont be the case - I can fix that logic up no problem.

Also, be sure you change your opening greeting call handler logic such that it doesn't send calls to the example interviewer at night (the default behavior out of the box) - this should be the only explicit reference to that object in the database you have to worry about.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: