Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Exchange 2000 Cluster

Hi<br><br>I have Just installed Unity 3.02 into a clustered exchange environment (passive/active). I installed exchange 2000 on the Unity box and pointed to it when running part 2 configuration, the configuration was successful. I created a test mailbox using SA for testing and this works fine. I have imported my users from exchange (i.e. we can see them and import them fine). I can en-role and sign in to my mail box. But i get the following message when pressing 1 to check new messages:<br><br>"Sorry the email server is off-line you can hear all voice messages received during the outage........"<br><br>I have enabled additional logging and get the following event in the apln log:<br><br>Warning AVWM_MC Error 29006 "Error accessing service control manager on EXCCV01 :Openservice [MSEXCHANGEIS] 80040005h<br><br>This is the correct name for the virtual server and I can ping it.<br><br>One more thing. We are going over a VPN which has to be manually started on reboot along with all the exchange services before Unity can be restarted.<br><br>please help me i'm stuck.<br><br>jim<br><br>

6 REPLIES

Re: Exchange 2000 Cluster

There could be connection problems other than that.
Try and use the Mbxlogon.exe from the techtools directory on the CD1 to see if you can logon into the remote mailbox.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

I tried running it from the command line it just flashes past and disapears. Are there any read me notes for the mbxlogon util?

jim

Anonymous
N/A

Hi

I have managed to get the error code from mbxlogon.exe. It is coming back with Error [8000400] : HROpenExchangePrivateStore

thanks in anticipation

jim

This does confirm that Unity as well as non Unity applications are unable to open up the databases. There might be an issue with the Exchange permissions on your Unity machine.
This problem might require someone to log into your box and have a look. Have you raised this issue with TAC?

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

I have tried to run mbxlogon.exe on 3.0.4, and the util runs but flashes through so fast you cannot see any results. There appears to be no log file, nor can I use the old fashioned way mbxlogon.exe > log.txt.

The site has 3.0.2 running on it and when i use the tool on the site, it displays the line :-

2002- 3-25 10: 1: 5:190 opening the exchange private store

Then disapears.

Any ideas

Anonymous
N/A

Try running the utility from the command line prompt. The utility is running into and error and exiting. If you run it from the command prompt you will be able to see the error. -Monica

Views
Helpful
Replies