cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange 2000 Prep

bbickerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

What is the recommended implemnentation path for customers that want to implement Unity 3.0 (UM) within an environment that is Exchange 5.5, but wants to be prepared for Exchange 2000. I'm sure you don't support the Unity server being installed as Exchange 2000 when the messaging platform is Exchange 5.5. If that is the case, is there documentation that I can get to my customer on an easy migration path from Exchange 5.5 running Unity 3.0 to Exchange 2000 running 3.0.<br><br>Also. When is terminal services going to be supported in a Unity integration. I find my self trying to explain for extensive periods of time why Cisco requires PCAnywhere. No body will even consider PCAnywhere anymore within a W2K Server installation.<br><br><br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Bob,
I can answer the second part of the question. Window Terminal Services (WTS) have been qualified with Unity, but we found that some of the Unity tools do not work through WTS. It will take some development work to make WTS a replacement for pcAnywhere. It is on the roadmap, but will not be completed any time soon.

Jami Stewart
Cisco Systems

AD permissions question
I'm working in an environment that is deploying AD - Unity is installed as a member server - when I try to establish a Termninal Server connection I get an error message saying that I dont have interactive logon rights. I checked with the Win2k admins here and they say they get that same message when they are trying to connect to any other member servers in the domain - even when they are using a domain admin account.

In NT4.0 with Terminal Services you had to give the user local logon permissions in order to use term serv connections - is there something similar I need to do in Win2k ?

jschless
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is a link to describe what is needed to upgrade Unity 3.0/3.1 from Exchange 5.5 to 2000
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/inst/inst31/inst_025.htm

Jami did a fine job addressing the WTS portion of this question.

Jeff Schlesser
Unified Voice Technical Lead
San Jose TAC