cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange 2000 & Unity 3.1(3) Installation issue

seanwy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, currently am having some issue with the 3.1 Cisco Unity Configuration setup...<br><br>Just after the 'Select Message Store', having chosen Microsoft Exchange 2000, this message appeared "The Exchange Domain Servers Group could not be found in the following domain"\\UNITY"...<br><br>Am installing a demo set comprising of CM, Unity & aironet, where Unity will house the Exchange 2000 svr. I went over the installation with the manual on hand, installed the Active Directory as directed, SQL, Exchange2k, and am really puzzled where I might have strayed..<br><br>appreciate if you could revert back. Thanks!<br><br><br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Yes, we've seen this on a few sites. The most likely cause is either a DNS issue or a DHCP issue. Any time the "UNITY" server name is showed as the domain in an error message, this is usually a dead give away.

The last site we worked on that showed this message had Unity configured to obtain an IP address from a DHCP server and one was not visible... they assigned a static address and things went through smooth.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Thanx for the info. Anyway, had the UNITY reinstalled again *duh!*, and the setup this time round was smooth. thank goodness!

however, am having an MWI issue which I have just highlited in my another post.

Thanx again!