Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Exchange 2000 & Unity 3.1(3) Installation issue

Hi, currently am having some issue with the 3.1 Cisco Unity Configuration setup...<br><br>Just after the 'Select Message Store', having chosen Microsoft Exchange 2000, this message appeared "The Exchange Domain Servers Group could not be found in the following domain"\\UNITY"...<br><br>Am installing a demo set comprising of CM, Unity & aironet, where Unity will house the Exchange 2000 svr. I went over the installation with the manual on hand, installed the Active Directory as directed, SQL, Exchange2k, and am really puzzled where I might have strayed..<br><br>appreciate if you could revert back. Thanks!<br><br><br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Exchange 2000 & Unity 3.1(3) Installation issue

Yes, we've seen this on a few sites. The most likely cause is either a DNS issue or a DHCP issue. Any time the "UNITY" server name is showed as the domain in an error message, this is usually a dead give away.

The last site we worked on that showed this message had Unity configured to obtain an IP address from a DHCP server and one was not visible... they assigned a static address and things went through smooth.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Re: Exchange 2000 & Unity 3.1(3) Installation issue

Thanx for the info. Anyway, had the UNITY reinstalled again *duh!*, and the setup this time round was smooth. thank goodness!

however, am having an MWI issue which I have just highlited in my another post.

Thanx again!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content