Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Exchange 2000 voice gateway

Hi ,

I am doing demonstruation on digital networking of multiple unity systems. I have one Unity system in two different domains. I want to send Voice message across two different domains and got the following errors:

1) As long as I installed Voice gateway 2000 from CD1, the Exchange 2000 voice connector and voice gateway will be automatically set up and running. However, I have found the voice gateway is in disabled mode and I cannot find a way to remove it even I uninstall voice connector. Pls adv.

2) I did the same procedure on another domain but I got voice gateway is in active mode and the testing result is all voice messages coming from that domain is working and those messages from other domain with disabled mode is not working. Please adv.

P.S. I am using Unity 3.1.2 with CCM 3.1

Regards,

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: Exchange 2000 voice gateway

Hi,

When you say it's in 'disabled' mode where are you looking in the Exchange system admin? In the mailbox store, or under the Connectors tree? The connector itself shows up under the Connectors tree and it should also appear in the Services Control Panel. If you are seeing a disabled connector mailbox in the mail store it's possibly from a previous installation attempt. If it is marked with a red X you can purge it. If the connector is appearing under the Connectors tree and you also see the 'Exchange 2000 Voice Connector' service is running in the Services Control Panel you should have one active voice connector mailbox in the mailstore and any others will have red X's and should be removed. Let me know.

Thanks,

John

Hi,

I have checked all those setting under Exchange system admin and under connector tree. The interesting is that I have seen both E2K voice connector and E2K voice gateway are all active. Hence , I guess it mess up the things. However, I do not know how can I delete the voice gateway 2000 since I only see voice connector being found in Add/remove program instead of voice gateway.

It sounds like you've installed the voice connector from two different Unity versions. It used to be called the voice gateway. Voice connector is the new name. So you'll need to follow the instructions for uninstalling the 'voice gateway' that apply to that particular version. The auto-uninstall for the voice connector will not uninstall the older voice gateway. You can find info on how to determine the version and how to uninstall a particular version here http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/rel_note/cu314rn.htm#xtocid17. Hope that helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.