cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange 2003 Support

jennifer.morgan
Level 1
Level 1

Can anybody help me with this? When will Unity be supported in a W2K3/E2K3 native environment? My organization is ready to move and is not doing so because of the incompatibility issues with Unity.

9 Replies 9

gordon.hawkins
Level 2
Level 2

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/MS_2003.html

I don't quite know when they will be supported, but I haven't heard much about it through our account rep. My expectation is to be on E2K/W2K at least until Q1 of next year - if I even want to upgrade at that time.

The 4.0(3) release will support Exchange 2003. The release is code complete and in QA right now. It should hit the streets in a few weeks or so.

The 3.1 train is not getting any new releases so it is very unlikely that it will ever support Exchange 2003.

Thanks,

Keith

Will 3.1x work in an exchange environment that has an Exchange2003 server in the Exchange organization, but does not have unity-enabled users on it?

Yes it will.

FYI, Unity appears to work OK with mailboxes on an exchange 2003 server if there's also an e2k server in the site. We're testing that way right now with a very few mailboxes, and haven't encountered any problems. It's not supported though, so run at your own risk, and I'm sure TAC will not touch it with a 10-foot pole :)

We also ran into some AD permissions issues with Unity after running the Exchange 2003 forest/domain prep utilities, but we were able to sort them out.

I am attempting to setup a similar environment, with a Unity 4.0 server, and an Exch2003 server, with an Exch2000 server in the domain as well. Can you send me an overview of the setup/config you tested?

jeff@concurrency.com

thanks.

Keith,

Do you know if the 4.0(3) release will include an updated version of Viewmail for Outlook 2003? Or has the current version been qualified on the new version of Outlook? Thanks.

Scott

Not applicable

I work with smburke and the View Mail form is currently working with Outlook2K3 with known errors so far we have 5 users on the platform and have been using it for a week. We are on Unity 3.1 and CM 3.1 on windows 2k servers. The message store is on a Exchange 2k3 server.

Was View Mail already installed when you went to Outlook 2K3? It was a fresh install in our environment and Outlook crashes.