cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange 5.5 to MS exchange 2000 with AD

ranjan
Level 1
Level 1

I am a customer running Unity 3.1.with Exchange 5.5 on-box. There are 1 other Exchange 2K in the site. The network is Windows NT - no active directory. No subscribers are homed on the Exchange server that is running on the Unity box.

We Build a separate Windows 2000 Active Directory domain. We moved the users from the NT domain to the AD domain.

Now we are not able to acess the VM box.Guide us what to be done for Migaration of Exchange 2000 with AD

Regards

Ranjan

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Is this UM or Voicemail Only? I assume Voicemail Only. What do you mean when you say that are not able to access the Unity box? Are you taking about the SA/AA? Is Unity still taking calls and you can retrieve the messages over the phone?

Thanks,

Keith

Voicemail only.we are not able to acess our voice mail and SA .While try to access the SA ,The error message "You cannot access the Unity System Administration web pages.Please see your system administrator for more details.".

This is due to i have to attach the UNITY with new AD server ( domain ).

Any procedure other than this ....? Or what are the steps to be follow to bring my server back with exchange 2K .......?

Thanks

Ranjan

jmessina
Level 1
Level 1

first of all this is a little unclear

" am a customer running Unity 3.1.with Exchange 5.5 on-box. There are 1 other Exchange 2K in the site. The network is Windows NT - no active directory."

how do you have Ex2k with no AD?

secondly

"We Build a separate Windows 2000 Active Directory domain. We moved the users from the NT domain to the AD domain."

how did you do that?

Are any of the Exchange services even running? how about unity services?

When you say

"There are 1 other Exchange 2K in the site"

do you mean the Ex 5.5 site? The AD site? the physical location?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: