cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange Administrator

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

What parts of Unity may use my Exchange Administrator password. I am currently having an issue where the password has changed and something on the Unity server continues to cause my Exchange Administrator account to become locked out. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

I'm not real sure what you mean by Unity is causing your administrator account to be locked out... you mean that account can't gain access to the Unity SA? The lookups mechanism for SA access is real straight forward so you should be able to run down any problems...

1. The SID from the account you authenticated on the network is passed to IIS when you hit our page.

2. That SID is then searched in Exchange to see if any Mail user accounts are associated with this guy. Remember you can have multiple Exchange accounts associated with one NT account... this goes away in AD, which will be nice.

3. If there's at least one mail user, we check the list returned to see if any of them are subscribers.

4. IF at least one is a subscriber we check their Class of Service reference to see if it allows SA access or not.

5. If you have COS rights, you're in.

If you're getting locked out of the Sa, what's the error message on the IE page? There will be different messages depending on which step of the authentication process tripped up for you.

If that's not what you're talking about, let me know and I'll take another run at it.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Jeff, I am having the same problem with one of my accounts. I opened a TAC case and Keith C walked me through the procedure to change the administrator account to one that only Unity uses. Since then the NT account gets locked out everyday and it must be unlocked. This was the reason why we changed the Unity Administrator account in the first place. Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Jeff, False Alarm. The Callmanager Backup program was locking up the account for some reason when it tried to access the backup file which happened to be on the Exchange server. So, we changed the backup location to the second Callmanager.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: