Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exchange connection

I get following error when I do a Exchange 5.5 syscheck:<br><br>Error Description<br><br>Error: Unable to connect to Exchange Server<br><br>Resolution: Install Exchange 5.5 with Service Pack 4<br><br><br>Error Description:<br><br>Error: LDAP error: in<br>h:\commsvr\Sources\Syscheckexchange55\preinstallexchangetests\<br>\AvGetSecurityDescriptorsFromExchange.cpp line: 212 , hr = :<br>HRESULT 0x0000003A Server Down<br><br>changed port from 389 to 2015 and this worked.<br><br>then installed unity configuration setup part 2:<br><br>server name<br>port number<br><br>then error:<br>error: unable to connect to exchange<br><br>When running syscheck for exchange 5.5 we see same error:<br><br>Error Description<br><br>Error: Unable to connect to Exchange Server<br><br>Resolution: Install Exchange 5.5 with Service Pack 4<br><br><br>Error Description:<br><br>Error: LDAP error: in<br>h:\commsvr\Sources\Syscheckexchange55\preinstallexchangetests\<br>\AvGetSecurityDescriptorsFromExchange.cpp line: 212 , hr = :<br>HRESULT 0x0000003A Server Down<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: exchange connection

What version of Unity are you trying to install?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Re: exchange connection

I just had this same error yesterday. The TAC walked me through changing the LDAP port number at least 3 times. Finally we came to the realization that the Unity install was corrupt. I ran the UnInstall from the answerMonkey website and then reloaded Unity. Connected with the server the first time out. Also make sure that you have the IIS and WWW services loaded when you do the install. If you don't the SAweb webpages will not load.

Hope this helps,
Brian Sowle
Director of IS
Engelberth Construction Inc.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content