Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Database corruption - and.....no backup

That's right. The client currently has no backup of the Exchange Information Store and the database is corrupted. <br><br>SEtup is Unity 3.12, W2k with Exchange 2000 and MSDE, Active Directory all in one box in a VM only environment. <br><br>I have already performed Exmerge to extract most of the users' VM into a .pst files. Because the database is corrupted, after a few connection attempts, the mailstore will dismount itself and will fail to ever come back up. <br><br>Anyway, I would like to do the following:<br><br>1) Create a brand new BLANK Mail-Store<br>2) Remove the old association of the Active Directory users' mailboxes to the old mail-store and recreate new mailboxes for these same users (same Alias name in Unity) in the new mail-store<br>3) Do the same thing to the Eadministrator and the Unity-ServerName account.<br>4) Import the VM back and restart Unity.<br><br>My question is: Will this work? I am not sure about the impact on Unity as a result of removing the original mail-store and reassociating the users with new mailboxes. Please assist.<br><br>Systems Engineer

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: Exchange Database corruption - and.....no backup

I was able to fix this with the following steps:

1. Dismount the Mailbox Store.

2. Delete the priv.edu and priv.stm files.

3. Remount the Mail Store.

4. Click Yes when prompted to recreate an empty store.

Exchange will recreate the mailboxes automatically as they are accessed. Of course you lose all of the data but he states that we already had lost it.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content