cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

exchange off box install

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

My customer has a unity3.1 running on MS2000.And exchange is 2000.How can I identify it's off box install or in box install? <br><br>

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Several ways you can do this. One way is to check the services menu and see if any Exchange services are present.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Under start>program, I see exchange system manager and Microsoft 2000 AD(Active Directory). Does this mean exchange is running in this box?

Not applicable

the Exchange system tools and AD users and Computers do not verify that exchange is running on the box. as was previously suggested look in the services mmc and see if you see microsoft exchange services running. or if you know the name of the computer you can open exchnage system manager and see if the corresponding computer name is listed as an exchange server.(command prompt "hostname") since it would be innappropriate for the cisco guys on this forum to say this let me say it. If you are having this much of a problem identifying whether the box you are logged on to is an exchange server it is unlikely that you will be of much assistance when needing to configure it.

John Messina
Network Engineer
Crimson Technologies Inc.
jmessina@crimsoncti.com
http://www.crimsoncti.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: