Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Rebuilt

A customer was forced to rebuild their Exchange 5.5 server. There are two Exchange servers in one site. One is the Unity server. They rebuilt the non-Unity server to the exact specs as before (by copying the pub.edb/priv.edb/dir.edb). The Unity server was unplugged when the other one was rebuilt. Can we simply plug the Unity server back in and continue as before?<br><br>My thought is no because the directory information and Information Store is exactly as it was before. However I would like to confirm before doing this!<br><br>Thanks much!<br><br><br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Exchange Rebuilt

If you've properly restored the directory on the rebuilt Exchange server you should see the Unity folder in the site container and under that all the call handlers, locations, interviewers etc... floating around. These objects are not bound to a specific home server so they should be bopping around even though the server's been rebuilt and the Unity server is off the network.

If that's the case it should be possible to just fire up the Unity box and the directory will sync up and be cool. That said, I haven't tried this exact scenario (and I'm guessing our QA folks haven't either) so I can't give you any hard and fast gurantees. On paper, however, there's no reason this wont work.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content