cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange Recipient not showing

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Unity 2.4.5 / Exchange 5.5 SP4 - One site / two servers (1+Unity)<br><br>Recipients added to Exchange taking f o r e v e r to get to whereever Unity can see them. Within Exchange Admin on the Unity box, I can see the recipient, but the "Import Exchange User" feature in Unity Admin can't see him. Been 2 hours now. Never had a problem before...<br><br>Norm Cook<br>Gibson Petroleum Company Limited

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

This isn't a case where we're waiting for Unity to see them, it's probably a case where there's something about the account causing us to not make them available for import.

is the user in a peer container to "recipients" at the site level? If so, we wont make him available for import without a registry hack.

There might be a property on the mail user (i.e. "Allow Rich Text" is off) that's not flagged so we can't import them as a subscriber. Can you check that in Exchange raw mode (use -r on the Exchange administrator application)?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Problem solved. User WAS in Unity already but with wrong extension, so when I queried by extension and didn't find him, I assumed he hadn't been entered. Duh.

Not applicable

I too am having difficulty seeing all recipients when importing a subscriber. I checked the Allow rich text option in the Exchange Admin -r and switched it from 1 to 0. I did not have to do this for other users... Any other suggestions? It just so happens to be the most IMPORTANT email account on our systems. MINE! Pretty ironic...

Not applicable

Actually, you want that AllowRichText to be "1" (on) not "0" so you changed it the wrong way.

While you're in "raw mode" there, also check the "VoiceMailUserID" property. If it's not 0 or empty, this Exchange user is already tagged as a subscriber in the system and we wont allow them to be imported again. I see this from time to time when someone has removed the primary call handler (usually by accident) or has uninstalled Unity improperly. The RichText and VoiceMailUserIO values are the run-away leaders on the suspect list for why we won't show a user for import... if both of those are in line there's something trickier up.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Very good! Our initial deployment of Unity resulted in an unrelated hardware catastrophe requiring me to remove Unity manually before reinstalling. My id was the only subscriber on that system at the time. I changed the Allow Rich Text back as described and updated the VoiceMailUserID, and there I am. THANKS! Awesome job!

Not applicable

Same problem here - we're unable to see any recipients to import into Unity. The Exchange server displays the accounts, RichText is "1", VoiceMailUserID is blank, Unity wasn't reinstalled, we're in the same site as the other Exchange servers. Where do we go from here?

Brian Carscadden
SE Manager/Sr. System Engineer
CCNA, CCDA, CIPT, MCP
TransNet Corporation
908 253-0500