cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange Server offline

m.hedberg
Level 1
Level 1

installed untiy 4.0 - all services are running however getting this in the event log and when i log on to unity from the phone it says the message store is not available. It is aavailable and i can log on via outlook.

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: CiscoUnity_UMR

Event Category: UMR Thread Error

Event ID: 110

Date: 6/9/2003

Time: 10:24:41 AM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY01

Description:

The UMR cannot communicate with the Partner Mail Server to deliver messages. Messages will be held in the temporary store until the mail server is available. 1286

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: CiscoUnity_ExchangeMonitor

Event Category: Warning

Event ID: 1017

Time: 10:24:41 AM

Description:

The Partner Exchange Server EX01 is offline during ExchangeMonitor Startup. All message notification processing is disabled until this has been resolved. When the Exchange Monitor detects that this server is back online, registration for notifications will proceed. 0x00000BC0

was also getting this but i disabled this service because i do not bridge

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_CsBridgeConnector

Event Category: None

Event ID: 10013

Time: 10:34:43 AM

Description:

An attempt to access the primary Exchange Mailbox Store failed. Verify that the Exchange server connected to this Cisco Unity server is running properly. The next retry will occur in 600 seconds. If the problem is resolved at the next retry attempt, the connection will restore and no intervention is required. If a problem has been identified and resolved it is not necessary to wait for CsBridgeConnector to retry the connection. When the Exchange server is verified to be running properly, restart the CsBridgeConnector service. If this behavior persists, please use the SysCheck utility to assist in diagnosing the problem [Thread 0x00000BB4] : Return Code: 8000FFFF at File e:\views\cs_ue4.0.0.280\un_Doh3\AvADUnityMon\ADMonUnity.cpp Line 502. 0x00000BB4

syscheck comes back successful for all except exchange 5.5 issues. All exchange 2k checks are successful

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your last comment there gives me pause... If you are in a mixed 55/2K environement (which this comment seems to indicate) then your partner Exchange server must be a 2000, not a 5.5. Can you expand on your configuration here?

this is a 2000 only env. no 5.5 but the syscheck ckecked for it anyway.

This is untiy 4.0 UM with unity pointing to an exchange cluster. DNS works well

as does all Exchange functionality unrelated to unity. there are NO errors or warnings in system or app log except what I posted.

Are you sure that these error messages are coming up when you log in over the phone? Neither the UMR, the CSBridgeConnector nor the ExchangeMonitor are involved with a TUI login. I'd suspect these error messages are coming up when those services start up.

If you log onto the server with the same account that is running the AvCsMgr service, can you go to \Start\Programs\Administrative Tools\Computer Management and connect to the Exchange server. From there, can you check the status of the "Microsoft Exchange Information Store" service?

yes the event log errors occur when the services start not when i log via the phone. When i log on via the phone i get

"sorry the email server is offline"

the information store is running as verified by the fact that i can access email via outlook

Avcsmgr is running as local system. could that be the problem?

Yeah, that's the problem. I'm not sure how the system got that way -- 4.0 isn't supposed to even allow for that. The best thing that you could do is create a Domain account for what we call the "messaging" services. Run the PermissionsWizard (get the 4.0.2 version of it if you don't already have it) to set the permissions for that account. Then change the following services to run as that account:

AvCsGateway

AvCsMgr

AvUmrSyncSvr

AvGaenSvr

AvMsgStoreMonitorSvr

this worked well.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: