Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Store

I alread have Exchange 5.5 installed (site 1) and am going to be installing Unity 2.4.6 with Exchange 5.5 (site 2). Can I have the VM messages go into the users mailbox on the existing Exchange 5.5 (site 1)? I don't want to have to change the client side on the users mailboxes to point to the new 5.5 (site2). <br>Thanks for any help!<br><br>Adam Feind<br><br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Exchange Store

Are you using the word "site" in the sense of an Exchange Site? Or are you meaning just a generic location?

If you mean Exchange site, then no. We are not able to log into users' mailboxes to check messages and monitor state changes across a Site boundary. This is a limitation with the MAPI protocol provided by MS.

If you're going to install Unity (or more to the point the Exchange server running on our box) into the same Exchange Site as your first Exchange server, then yes... all those users can be easily tagged as subscribers in Unity and you can leave their Exchange home stores right where they are. This is, in fact, the prefered installation method since Outlook connections directly to our Exchange server on box add a lot of overhead and limit the number of users/ports we can support on the box.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content