Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Exchange2k, Active Directory, & Unity Unified

I have a customer that is utilizing Active Directory and Exchange 2000. They have multiple sites around the world; they are currently using a single Active Directory and different mailbox/IS stores for each physical site. We are looking at using 5 to 6 Unity servers at the different physical sites in a Unified Messaging configuration. Each Unity server would connect to its respective mailbox/IS store. This should help us to cut down on some of the WAN traffic. Is this a supported configuration? I am guessing we would need some sort of Unity networking to allow one Unity server to forward voice messages directly to another Unity server?<br><br>One more thing, is View Mail for Outlook (VMO) supported with Outlook 2002?<br><br><br>

Re: Exchange2k, Active Directory, & Unity Unified

Sure you can do this... one of the great strengths about Unity's directory approach. Check out the "NetworkingOverview2002.DOC" which you can find on on the general tools page for a rundown on how networking works with Unity. This scenario is covered in some detail.

VMO with Outlook 2002 was tested as part of the 3.1(2) release, however I'm still trying to run down the results of that. I believe there were a few quirks reported by QA but nothing disasterous.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

CreatePlease to create content