cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

exit options for voicemail box changes

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

We have many remote users accessing voicemail daily to pick up messages or change greetings. This works fine. However, once they have picked up a message or changed a greeting, they have no way to transfer to an extension (If you back up with a * you get the logon greeting or go too far an the system hangs up). They would like to have the option of hanging up or using our default call director. Today if the user wants to talk to someone in the office, they must hang up and then make another call to the office. Is there a way to change this?<br><br>Hal<br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

You should be able to hit * from within your subscriber conversation (possibly a couple times if you deep in your subscriber setup options) and back out to the opening greeting. You'll only get the subscriber sign in conversation if you hit * from the opening greeting itself.

sounds like they're hitting * twice or something when they want to back out. * in VMUIF dictates that you should always back one level up from where you are.

If they've done something funky with their opening greeting or default routing rules it may be tripping you up here but I kind of doubt that...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Jeff,

It works kind of interesting. You go into a VM box, pick up mail and or make changes. Works great. Use "*" to back up. This works fine too. However, If you enter a "*" after you hear "Please enter your ID" the system hangs up.

If I change greetings or pick up messages from my desk (hit the messages button on the IP phone) and I back out I get our call handler. This is what I want. If I dial the voicemail access number and do the same thing, it hangs up when I back out. I'm not certain where to look.

Hal

Not applicable

when you hear the "please enter your id" and you hit *, we're supposed to hang up... that's by design.

what I'm not getting, however, is what you hear when you're in your subscriber's box and you hit * once. Which prompt do you hear? If if's the opening greeting, then this is fine. If you hear the "you have X new messages... blah blah" and you hit * again and the next prompt you hear is the subscriber sign in, there's a problem. You should ALWAYS be able to back out of your subscriber conversation to the opening greeting, from there if you hit * you get the subscriber sign in.

I would be very shocked to see us going straight from the subscriber message conversation right to the subscriber sign in conversation with one *.

That said, from the subscriber sign in conversation (i.e. "please enter your ID") you can hit # to return to the opening greeting.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

Jeff,

It looks like we have a problem.

"I would be very shocked to see us going straight from the subscriber message conversation right to the subscriber sign in conversation with one *.

This happens when accessing VM through the access number. This does not happen when you access VM through the messages button on the phone.

From the access #:
Enter ID and then password
The system provides the user recorded voice and then a greeting "Hello you have x messages.....to send a message.....). If you hit * now the system prompts you to enter your user ID. If you backup again the system hangs up.

From the "Messages" button:
"Please enter your password".
The system provides the user recorded voice and then a greeting "Hello you have x messages.....to send a message.....). If you backup once from here you get our call handler. This is fine.

What's next?

Hal

Not applicable

I'll try to repro it in house... in the meantime you can use "#" from the "please enter your ID" prompt to get back to the opening greeting.

Any routing rules being used to get to the sign in by any chance? The arbiter essentially throws you back to the ruler and it'll evaluate the rules again and drop you into the same entry point you hit when you came into the system. If you guys have DID lines setup and a routing rule to go right to the sign in conversation, that may explain the different behavior.

If not, I'll need to fiddle around with it to see if I can get the same thing to happen. Are you using 2.4.6 build 102?

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: