cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

exmerge

unity123
Level 1
Level 1

Can I take exmerge backup and create different PST's for each user from exchange 5.5 . And later use it for UM adding the respective pst file in there exchange client so that I can maintain all the voice messages as it is.

8 Replies 8

jmessina
Level 1
Level 1

yes

will i get different pst's or single pst

You'll get individual PST files each named with the mail alias of the user... party of the beauty of ExMerge. Be aware, though, this WILL bloat your private store when you restore since you lose all the fancy single-instance-messaging features you get normally for mail sent to groups... just something to keep in mind.

how can i create pst's for different users since its putting all the pst's in one file,

Did you chose the one step or two step process? the two step process will create one pst for each mailbox and then you can either manually import each pst into a mailbox or run exmerge again and select all or any users you want to import.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q174197&

I am running two steps exmerge but still able to get one pst for all the users. Is there any specific tab need to check

Oh, you mean one huge PST file for all the users combined... no, you will get a PST for each individual user. I don't believe there is a way to get everything crammed into one file.

it cant create one pst for all users. Can you post your exmerge log? it should be at the root of C:\ by default.