Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Expansion modules 7916 not working

I have an issue with a Cisco Expansion modules 7916 attached to a 7965 phone. Phone died and I have replaced it with a refurbished one from Cisco. After configuring refurbished phone through CLI I have noticed that both 7916 expansion modules just show Cisco screen and buttons underneath display are led amber. I have configured them through CLI as well but I can't get them to work. Phone works just fine but expansion modules don't. See picture attached. Any suggestions? 

Hermann

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi,did you check if the

Hi,

did you check if the Expansion Module 7916 is defined in Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
Also check if the Expansion Module 7916 is configured as a 24-line module instead of a 12-line module.

Refer the below link for more detail.
http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7916/english/16enug.pdf

Regards,
Venkatesh.

CME or CUCM ?sh runn 

CME or CUCM ?

sh runn

I am having this exact same

I am having this exact same issue. I have 5 other 7916s on the network all working fine.

If i take one of the sidecars of my two from the phone that is not working and put it with another phone that has a working car, it works no problem. I have tried two replacement phones now at the position with the failure. No luck.

Thoughts all?

CME Version 8.6

Loads

load 7916-12 B016-1-0-4
load 7916-24 B016-1-0-4
load 7906 SCCP11.9-1-1SR1S
load 7911 SCCP11.9-1-1SR1S
load 7945 SCCP45.9-1-1SR1S
load 7965 SCCP45.9-1-1SR1S

Verified access to loads. No TFTP errors.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.