Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Explore CUCM database

Hi,

I would like know if it's possible to read the CUCM's Database ,such as for the UCCX's database.

If it's possible, where I can find the documentation for created this connection.

Thanks ahead.

Michel

3 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Explore CUCM database

Hi Michel

Yes, and no... it isn't 'explorable' in that you can't just connect to it as an ODBC database and browse it.

It is documented in the 'Data Dictionary' for each CUCM version : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/datadict/9_1_1/datadictionary_911.pdf

And you can submit queries/updates to it via two methods:

- 'run sql' CLI command

- through AXL

Cisco would prefer that you use the AXL API to do all config reads/writes rather than going direct to the DB.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Explore CUCM database

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your reply.

So I've used the AXL request for created a script for collect Directory Numbers and the Calling Search Space. In my lab environement my script running fine but in production I cannot collect the Calling Search Space. I've checked if the user has the same right  --> Ok.

When I create my file, the field  for the Calling Search Space is always "Null".

I've only one difference, the Framework DOT.Net is different. On the lab environment I've the Framework 3.5 and on the production environment I've the Framework 4.0

Do you have any idea for resolve my issue?

Thanks in advance,

Michel

Super Bronze

Explore CUCM database

Hi

The framework version isn't likely to have much effect on what CUCM actually returns.

It's more likely (I suspect) that the way that the return XML is being parsed is returning a null rather than the actual field. Have you tried logging the actual whole returned XML as text to a file and then inspecting it?

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content