cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

export configuration data from Unity server

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

My customer would like to export some data , for instance call handler configuration information, subscriber information and so on, from Unity server as an excel or access file. Is there a utility can do that or I have to use SQL query language to get them?I know report utility in Unity can report subscriber data, but it seems not enough to us.

8 Replies 8

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can't really answer this question unless you get a bit more specific about exactly what data you want... just saying you want "subscriber data" is not real helpfull... there are hundreds of individual properties on a subscriber and related data structures.

the subscriber information dump tool (ships with Unity and the latest version is always available on CCO and AnswerMonkey.net) can dump out a bunch of subscriber information that may be what you're looking for but I'm not sure since I don't know what you need or what you're trying to use this information for.

There's no equivalent tool for call handler data... there's a little script that dumps out basic call handler data but again I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for or not.

I think I got what I need here. My customer is just wanting to export whatever they want from Unity database. So what I did is going to start>program>microsoft SQL>import and export Data, then choose excel 97-2000 as destination. I can choose any table I want to be exported to my defined excel file.But unfortunatelly couple tables such as subscriber, cos and some more can't be exported. For instance, if I pick cos from the table and export it, it came back error message: Microsft Jet database engine coldn't find the object "cos", make sure the object exists. Can you verify this for me?Thanks a lot.

What you're doing is a really, really bad idea and is completely unsupported.

Most of the subscriber data is not in the subscriber table... For instance to get the transfer string for a subscriber you have to get the call handler table, then find the reference to search in the contact rules table to get the right rule (there are 3, only one is used for subscribers).

I can assure you, without some help you'll fail miserably at this. Just dumping the raw tables out to Excell is going to be just this side of worthless unless you know what all the values actually mean and where to go get all the information.

Yes, you are right. I talked to customer and told them the situation. Now they would like to narrow down their requirement to one spicific output. They have 300 users. Outside user dial in an individual mailbox , and can press 0 to operator during the listening greeting, but some subscriber are configured to press 0 to their assistant instead of going to operator. Now the problem is they don't have this list for all the users in terms of pressing 0 going where. They don't want to spend time to check every subscriber's input-key configuration.Is there a utility that can get this list? Thanks.

The one key mapping information is not included in the subscriber information dump since it's difficult to drop out this data in a standard way. I do have a little script that dumps out all call handler data (including "primary call handlers" which are tied to a subscriber) which includes the one key mapping information to an HTML file... it's not in a CSV type format, it's just dumped out in a human readable way.

I'll post this to AnswerMonkey.net this weekend... It'll be on the 2.x tools page but will work with any version of Unity 2.3.4 and later including 3.x versions.

Perfect, Jeff.

You are not on holiday, today? July 4.

yeah, the office is on holiday. I'm in cleaning up a few items today...

I posted the updated version of this script on the 2.x tools page here a few minutes ago, it should be available now:

http://www.answermonkey.net/Script_CallHandlerDump.htm

thanks, Jeff.

I am just running it on the Unity. Oh, it got error message...The message was " An activex control on this page might be unsafe to interact the other parts of the page. DO you want to allow this interaction?"I tried both yes or no.Either ot them shows a dump handlerinfo button. I click it, it finishes very fast. And contents on the page is

"handler info

DTMF ID (empty)

After message action error: I wasn't expecting

Transfer rules enabled

Transfer disable,send directly to greeting

Greeting:

Menuentries:

Ignore"

That's all I have.

actually I have 7 users created in unity , so there must be some data there.

By the way, it's demo 3.13

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: