cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Express messaging option?

chelget
Level 1
Level 1

Does Unity have an Express Messaging Option (similar to Meridian Mail) without having to implement a large number of call handlers? This features was a separate access number into the voice mail system that provided a quick way for assistants to forward a call to voice mail without ringing that person's extension and without having the recipient forward their phone directly to voice mail.<br><br>It had the functionality of: <br>1. Dial express messaging extension number <br>2. Dial the person's extension to transfer the call to and press # <br>3. Press transfer/connect to complete the call or leave a quick message for that person. <br><br>This is kind of an urgent issue that we need to have some solution for by tomorrow. About the only way we believe we can duplicate this functionality is extremely inelegant. Besides telling the execs that they have to forward all their phones to VM, we would create duplicate mailboxes for each exec that assistants can forward callers to in the interim.<br><br>Thanks, <br><br>-Chris <br>================================================= <br>Chris Helget Voice: 952-351-2655 <br>ATK / Alliant Techsystems Fax: 952-351-3044 <br>Corporate IT chris.helget@atk.com <br>================================================= <br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

What's the integration type? That's usually the gating factor on implementing a "quick transfer to voice mail" feature. There's a couple of different ways of doing this, and the way you choose might depend upon how many subscribers would there be that people would get "quick transferred" to voice mail.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Sorry, I forgot to mention that this is a Nortel Meridian Option 61 integration.

I may have found what I need through another source that indicated this method may work at the URL below:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/transfer_direct_box.html

-Chris

raw-energy
Level 1
Level 1

Go off hook dial * and the extension number.

Robbie's suggestion is the typical setup, but it's not setup out of the box.  Configure a CTI route point with a line with a pattern which catches all of your directory numbers (i.e. '*XXXX' would catch all 4 digit extensions), and forward all to voicemail.  Then you can sly dial by dialing *+extension.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: