Views
Helpful
Replies

Express Messaging with CME

jayray001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a CME 3.2 running in our office integrated with Unity in our main site.

Now we are looking for a way so that the operator can transfer a incoming call directly to a persons voicemail by pressing *xxxx where xxxx is the 4 digit extension for the person. A kind of express messaging through CME.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Jay

5 Replies 5

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

I believe he is looking to transfer into Unity, not Unity Express. So am I... any ideas?

You can get it working by creating a ephone-dn and call-forward all to the VM port.

ephon-dn 10

number 1....

call-foward all [VM Port]

Then in unity just add alternate ext to the subscribers as 1+ext.

You could also use translations on the vm ports to strip the 1 from the called number but I have been unsuccessful getting it to work correctly. Not sure if this was an IOS issue or not.

cs

Yes, That what we have but thats only a solution feasible for 2-5 phones. But if we have 120 phones creating another 120 DNs fore this wont be feasible considering each ephone-dn creation takes a amount of available memory.

Thanks

Jay

Its only one ephone-dn, such as:

ephone-dn 10

num *....

call-forward all [VM Port]

The big chore is creating the alt ext. on each unity subscriber, however if this a new install you can just use the bulk import.

cs

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: