Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway C/E no Target LocalZone

phartl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

I have two fresh installed expressway´s C and E. No I want to gor forward through the basic install guide. 

One step is to add an dial plan search rule "no domain" with the Target LocalZone!

But there is the challenge - I have no Target LocalZone. I Only have the Traversal Zone....

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-2/Cisco-Expressway-Basic-Configuration-Deployment-Guide-X8-2.pdf

Has anyone an idea to solve my issue ?

kind regards

Patrick

3 Replies 3

alaursen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Patrick,

The Expressway-C to -E "traversal zone"  automatically creates the rules it needs to proxy remote device SIP signaling requests through. This is slightly different from the VCS-Control -Expressway mode. I suggest you download the latest Expressway deployment guide as it explains this in step-by-step fashion: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-2/Cisco-Expressway-Basic-Configuration-Deployment-Guide-X8-2.pdf.

Bottom line is if you just want to configure remote Cisco SIP devices to register through Expressway, you shouldn't need to create any special rules/transforms in that -C to -E zone.

Art

Cortex Support
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Patrick,

I have exactly the same issue. Did you find a solution to set the "LocalZone"?

Thanks

Xavier

Local zone is only applicable to the VCS Series, as the Expressway Series just passes the call to either a CUCM neighbor zone, traversal zone between an Expressway-C/E, or DNS zone.  Suggest you take a look at the Expressway Basic Configuration Deployment Guide and Expressway and CUCM via SIP Trunk Deployment Guide.

If you're seeing a configuration step for local zone mentioned in the guides, please provide the guide and page numbers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: