Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Extension dialing from Unity goes right to voicemail

Just set up my Unity system and I am working out some bugs. When all attendant users are logged out callers are greeted by the receptionists voicemail greating. I allow caller to dial extentions from the greeting, but when they do it doesn't ring the users phone. It transfers the call directly to the that extensions voicemail. Why doesn't it follow the device settings I have in Call Manager. Which is to call forward no answer to voicemail. Is it not releasing to the switch?

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Extension dialing from Unity goes right to voicemail

Your settings in call manager wont affect this behavior - by defalt all subscriber's are configured to not ring their phone - you'll need to adjust the subscribers "transer" page to ring their extension (or another transfer string you wish to use).

If you have this configured already and it's still not ringing the phone, there's another issue at play here that we can check on. If you don't have this configured then you can change it en mass for all your users with BulkEdit if you need to. You'll find this in the tools depot on your desktop assuming you're running 3.1(3) or later.

The call transfer page was set to ring the subscribers extension. That doesn't work, but if I toggle on transfer to and extension and type in the subscribers extension then it works fine. Is this a bug or is something else going on?

Hi Jeff,

I am also having a similar issue. We are using Unity 3.1(3) and have the attendant transfer page configured to send to greeting, and each individual "target user's" transfer page configured to ring extension. Is this a valid config? The reason being, from the attendant's transfer we can only do 1) send to greeting, 2)ring extension(but this is fixed to the attendant's extension#) or 3)ring a defined extension. Is is possible to put in a wildcard in this last option? We want the call to go off of unity and back to CM and ring the target user's phone.

I am told this was working at some point, but has recently failed. Is this a valid configuration method that should work?

Thanks for your help.

In unity I set the transfer to extension option to ring the users extension. This seems to transfer the call back to the CM. Then the CM uses the devices forward busy, forward no answer settings to handle the call. This is only a problem for us when we are logged off the attendant console because the other wise the attendant handles all our calls and never rings voicemail while an attendant is logged in.

Cisco Employee

no, you don't put a wildcard in there - that rule is applied when a call hits the call handler or subscriber.

When you dial an ID, Unity looks up a match for that Id in the database (a subscriber, call handler, interview handler, name lookup handler) - if a match is found it'll go to that object. IN the case of a call handler or a subscriber it'll process the transfer rules first which is when it applies the rules you are mentioning - it'll either ring the user's phone, another phone you ask or skip the transfer and go right to the user's greeting.

There is no "Free dial" option where you can dial any extension you like and Unity will attempt to ring that phone - every device you want to ring will need an object (either a call handler or a subscriber) associated with it that users can dial from the auto attendant.

For more details on this you can check out the "audiotext applications in Unity" paper on the Documents page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content