Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension forwarding

hmccarthy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer who running CM 3.1.3, and Unity 2.4.6.

The customer has DIDs as well as an AA.

There is one employee who has 2 offices, one with a Nortel system and the other with the Cisco CM. When at the office with the Cisco phones, he forwards his Nortel extension to his DID associated with the Cisco phone.

When when a call comes into the Nortel extension, the call is forwarded to and rings the Cisco phone, but after the default number of rings, rather than bounce to vmail if he does not answer, the call heads to the AA.

However, when the person's DID is called, the phone rings its default # of rings and then bounces to his vmail if he does not pick up. The same can be said if a call comes in from the AA and his extension is dialed from there.

I believe that I have checked the most obvious things, what Unity is set to do when a call comes into it, what CM does with the call forwards, etc. I have been running ccapi debugs and see the call come in and hit the dial peer, and am sure that this has something to do my dial peer configuration, but after 4 hours of looking at it, I am at a loss. I am sure that it is obvious, and I am blind.

Has anyone seen this before? I have captured the debugs and can post them if necessary.

I'd appreciate any advice I can get.

thanks a lot,

heather.

3 Replies 3

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Often times complex troubleshooting issues are best addressed in an interactive session with one of our trained technical assistance engineers. While other forum users may be able to help, it’s often difficult to do so for this type of issue.

To utilize the resources at our Technical Assistance Center, please visit http://www.cisco.com/tac and to open a case with one of our TAC engineers, visit http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

mysterx
Level 1
Level 1

Use the Call Viewer application in the Unity folder in the start menu to observe the difference between a working forward (to the DID) and a failed one (to the Nortel phone) to see what the TSP is getting from the phone system on the incoming call.

For this to work like you want it to, the information should show up the same on both calls. Identifying the difference might help isolate what needs to be changed in order to resolve this.

Scott Morgan

Cisco Systems TAC

Thanks for the replies!

I ended up speaking w/ a Cisco TAC engineer, and he had me uncheck Redirectin Number IEDelivery Inbound on the gateway and restart the CM services (techinally ir should have been a simple update and reset of the gateway, but for me that didn't work).

I am not sure if it was the services restart or the unchecking, but either way the situation seems to be resolved.

Thanks again.

heather

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: