Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension Mobility - 2 Lines?? Is it possible?

Hi Guys.

Is it possible for a User Profile to contain 2 Lines when logged in to Extension Mobility? I have a user who has 2 line one for her General Use and One as a Reception Overflow. When I set her up in EM, when she logs in she only gets one of the Lines.

Anybody any Ideas?

Many Thanks

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Extension Mobility - 2 Lines?? Is it possible?

yes you can,

but create a 2-line 7940 Phone Button Template,

and set that as default in the Service Parameters of the Cisco Extension Mobility Logout.

But this is a global setting, so for everyone who logs in onto a 7940 will get 2 lines...

In other words, if a user has 1 line/1 speed dial and logs onto a 7940, the speed dial is gone....

4 REPLIES

I'm thinking you're using a 7940 phone for her to login to and you have the service parameter in the Extension Mobility Logout service set to "standard 7940" which is a single line 7940 profile.

Make sure you have a 7940 profile that's configured for 2 lines and set the service parameter to your 7940-2line profile.

When she logs in, she'll get both the lines appearing.

Thanks for that i'm sure it will work but i'm unsure where I set the service parameter in the Extension Mobility Logout service set to "standard 7940".

Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Dave :)

Hi Again,

I've just read that "Only the IP Phone 7960-based user device profile may be added in Cisco CallManager 3.3 (2)." Does anybody know if you can still get 2 lines on a 7940 using a 7969 profile? I just get 1 Line and A Speed Dial. Even if No Speed dials are setup. Just the 1 line.

Anybody?

Thanks

Dave :)

yes you can,

but create a 2-line 7940 Phone Button Template,

and set that as default in the Service Parameters of the Cisco Extension Mobility Logout.

But this is a global setting, so for everyone who logs in onto a 7940 will get 2 lines...

In other words, if a user has 1 line/1 speed dial and logs onto a 7940, the speed dial is gone....

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content