cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility + AD

a001b20043809
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question and a issue about this integration.

First,the question: Can i use the user data (the AD login and pass)stored in the AD to use in the extension mobility login feature?

The Issue: When i select the extension mobility service, the phone returns "login unsuccessful error: [2]" mesage to the screen... i'm using CCM 3.3 and AD 2003 in a test lab. The user lookup it's okay, but i don't know what happening and if its possible with AD...

Some ideas?

Vitor

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Vitor,

Here are a couple of Extension mobility AD Tech notes that I ran across;

Problem: When integrating with Microsoft Active Directory, the base context for the applications engine is incorrect.

Solution: On the Application Server, set the base context to include a cisco ou (not just a cisco dc). So, for the company mycompany.com, the base context is ou=cisco, dc=cisco, dc=mycompany, dc=com (change the mycompany entry to the site specific name).

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080093e72.shtml#p-5

Users are unable to log in to Extension Mobility and receive the "login unsuccessful error: [3]" or "error: [10]" after installing the Active Directory plug-in.

Problem: The Extension Mobility phone login is unsuccessful with the Active Directory because the Password field for all of the application users in the registry is empty.

Solution: Complete these steps to resolve this issue:

Select Start > Run, type regedit, and click OK.

Check the registry entry for Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems Inc.\Directory Configuration\AppUsers\CCMSysUser.

Make sure that an entry exists for the Password field, and that the userID is CCMSysUser. If this entry is not there or the entry is wrong, a problem exists with the installation. You can now reset or add a password for this user. Complete these steps to change the CCMSysUser password.

Go to C:\dcdsrvr\bin and execute the CCMPWDChanger.exe application.

Specify your Active Directory password. At this point you can choose to change the userID (in this case, CCMSysUser) and set a password for this user.

Restart the IIS Admin service and the Cisco Tomcat service from Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Services.

If this procedure does not resolve the issue, you might need to uninstall and reinstall the Active Directory plugin. Refer to the Active Directory 2000 Plugin Installation for Cisco CallManager for more information on how to install the Active Directory plugin.

Note: If the issue started to occur after a Cisco CallManager upgrade, refer to Cisco bug ID CSCdz60740

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You cant use the password from AD out of the box. The service will be expecting the username and PIN. If you have run the integration wizard then you would still need to locate the user in CCMAdmin pages and set a PIN.

Cheers,

Tim.

Tim,

I set the PIN and other config, but the error appears only when i select the extension service from the services button. I tried to undo the integration to work with the DCD and it works fine, but when i try with AD it still getting the error... Other features, such as directory search and the updates through CCMAdmin pages is working fine with the AD and CCM integration...

Vitor

Hi Vitor,

Here are a couple of Extension mobility AD Tech notes that I ran across;

Problem: When integrating with Microsoft Active Directory, the base context for the applications engine is incorrect.

Solution: On the Application Server, set the base context to include a cisco ou (not just a cisco dc). So, for the company mycompany.com, the base context is ou=cisco, dc=cisco, dc=mycompany, dc=com (change the mycompany entry to the site specific name).

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080093e72.shtml#p-5

Users are unable to log in to Extension Mobility and receive the "login unsuccessful error: [3]" or "error: [10]" after installing the Active Directory plug-in.

Problem: The Extension Mobility phone login is unsuccessful with the Active Directory because the Password field for all of the application users in the registry is empty.

Solution: Complete these steps to resolve this issue:

Select Start > Run, type regedit, and click OK.

Check the registry entry for Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems Inc.\Directory Configuration\AppUsers\CCMSysUser.

Make sure that an entry exists for the Password field, and that the userID is CCMSysUser. If this entry is not there or the entry is wrong, a problem exists with the installation. You can now reset or add a password for this user. Complete these steps to change the CCMSysUser password.

Go to C:\dcdsrvr\bin and execute the CCMPWDChanger.exe application.

Specify your Active Directory password. At this point you can choose to change the userID (in this case, CCMSysUser) and set a password for this user.

Restart the IIS Admin service and the Cisco Tomcat service from Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Services.

If this procedure does not resolve the issue, you might need to uninstall and reinstall the Active Directory plugin. Refer to the Active Directory 2000 Plugin Installation for Cisco CallManager for more information on how to install the Active Directory plugin.

Note: If the issue started to occur after a Cisco CallManager upgrade, refer to Cisco bug ID CSCdz60740

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

I set the base context when i run the plugin wizard?

Thanks a lot Rob!

I just found a DNS issue when i tried to change the password, but it was solved!!

Vitor

Nice work Vitor! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Just got to work :)

Take care.

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: