Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Extension Mobility and AutoAnswer w/Intercom

Hi,

Have users logged in using mobile profile and it is working, but the 2nd line on their main phone is a shared line and when they are logged into their mobile phone and call rolls it goes to AutoAnswer Intercom instead of voice mail since the 2nd line rings on their main phone (they are not there to pick it up). When they are at their main phone all works fine. The call rolls to voice mail when autoanswer is disabled.

Any ideas on how to get calls to go to voice mail when user is logged in to another phone with autoanswer on? CCM 3.2.2c spH. I've looked all over Cisco and haven't been able to find anything. Could this be a partition / CSS config perhaps?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Extension Mobility and AutoAnswer w/Intercom

You can't make a line autoanswer some of the time and not others. So you can either stop the CFB on line 1 from going to line 2, or turn off autoanswer on line 2.

Thanks for the reply. Worked with TAC on this and got some other ideas as well. Those were to configure user profile for autoanswer and disable autoanswer on the logout profile (autogenerated one if logout is set to current device settings). I'm new to EM but think I have a good grasp on this now. The lines on their profile with autoanswer are shared lines - is that going to cause a problem with extension mobility?

Also, if a phone device is configured for extension mobility does the phone have active lines if no one is logged in? I haven't been able to find this in the docs.

If a device profile is logged out and the line only appears on that profile then the call will fail to that line and either return error tone or follow the CFNA /CFBY setting.

Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies