cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility and Console Attendant in CCM 3.3

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

Can I use Console Attendant with Extension Mobility in CCM 3.3?

Can I use Console Attendant with share lines as Web Attendant?

Can I use Web Attendant with CCM 3.3?

5 Replies 5

munatara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AC with EM - Yes.

AC with shared Lines - Not supported

WA in CM 3.3 - Default it comes with AC. WA cannot be configured.

But in:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a008011b490.html

says: "Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility cannot be used with Attendant Console."

Thats true?

Hi,

Due to the fact that Extension mobility uses a shared line (shared between the "logged-in" phone and the user device profile), you cant have a phone configured for EM as the associated device for Attendant Console, as AC doesn't like shared lines. You can however have the phones used for Attendant console operators configured as non-EM devices, and have fixed DN's on the lines. AC works fine with this configuration. Extension Mobility can be configured on a device by device basis, it's not nescessary to have all devices as EM devices.

HTH.

Bill.

Hi

Thanks for your explanation. Even in that configuration I can not monitor IP Phone who have EM activated?.

Alex.

Hi Alex,

When you use AC in en EM scenario, as long as you use the AC without shared lines, in the AC application itself, you can still monitor the users and devices that are logged in, so you can still see line status etc of your users on the AC application. AC and EM are not mutually exclusive, it's just shared lines on the device AC is associated with that is not supported.

HTH

Bill