Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Extension Mobility and IP Communicator?

I'm having an issue configuring IP Communicator to work with EM. My softphone loads up fine on my computer and registers with CallManager. I have the latest and greatest 4.1 CCM, and IP Communicator 2.x.

I assigned IP Communicator to x5678

My Desk phone is x7123

If my profile and both phones are enable for the service, why will it not work? I have another engineering telling me that IP Communicator will not work with EM, only the 7940 and 7960 series phones will do this. I find this odd because would it not make sense to have:

Desk Phone with x7123

IP Communicator loaded on the laptop, with a nonDID number such as x5678.

When Joe users is telecommunicating, he/she should be able sign into Extension Mobility on the IP Communicator and bring the x7123 to the softphone..

is this not true?

8 REPLIES

Re: Extension Mobility and IP Communicator?

I have had a problem with 3.3 callmanager running EM on IPCOmm.. I will verify this here soon.

I'm on CCM 4.1.x. The service is on the IPCOMM, but my login fails everytime....

What error are you getting when you select the login service ? Is it error 2?

error 9 it said

I think the problem is that you are tryiong to use the same MAC address for differnet DNs. I have never known EM to work with Sofphones or IP Communicator. You are always going to come in from the same MAC address and get the DN that was first registerd with IP Communicator. I have not looked at this problem in a while so I am not sure if Cisco has addressed it but my thinking on EM is that instead of trying to get EM to work Cisco would put effort into being able to assign a DN based on who is logged into the PC and not just the MAC address where the softphone was originating from

Hope this helps.

Please remember to rate all replies

The following release notes (remember the version indicated in the link is 1.1.2 and not 2.0). states that IPComm can use EM with 3.3.4 CM and later.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5475/prod_release_note09186a00802b9509.html#wp1047009

Here is some more info about Error [9]

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801819ba.html#1012511

Not sure if you have already checked this.

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

I'm knee deep in a rollout, but I will take a look at this.

Thanks much!

Tommer

aj

Extension mobilty with 7960 is working fine, However to use extension mobility with my IP Communicator I still receive error "Login Unsuccessful" error [6]

Normally i receive this error only if the user is not associated with a device profile but in this case that's not the problem.

Anybody some ideas?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content