Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension mobility and IP Phone reset

i.fouraki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are using the extension mobility feature. I know that when a user logs in or out the IP Phone performs an instanteneous reset in order to get the new settings. This reset is supposed to be unvisible to the user. In this network it is not!! The IP phone resets and takes some seconds to get its new settings. What might be wrong? the IP phones configured are very few (5)...

6 Replies 6

mlouzeir
Level 1
Level 1

It happens the same with me !! Same times the phone do an hard boot !! wich takes lot of time

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

i have the same problem , the only difference is the phones do get the new settings befor the reset :-)

pwalenta
Level 1
Level 1

This sounds like it might be a DNS or server related issue. Do your phone have DNS name/server resolution configured? If so, is the address they are going for available in DNS?

Hi,

I am not using DNS.

mdevoskl
Level 1
Level 1

The problem prevales itself when at the CCM admin pages System>Server>YourServer a DNS name (default!!) is selected instead of an IP address. Even if the DNS name can be resolved, the problem will still be present. Simply switching to an IP address will update the SEPxxxxxx.cnf.xml file and no more failures have been detected since then.

Hi,

you were right.I changed the name of the CM to its IP address and now we do not have any problems at all when using extension mobility. thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: