Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility Login Error

SEAN NILSEN
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

I have been through the Extension Mobility config doc several times, step by step. Been through the CRA install doc several times, step by step. As well as checked out the links provided in some of the other EM topics... so on to it...

I have everything set to go, verified URL's and that port 8080 is responding. Triggers are all set, and services are configured on the phone, but when I access the Login service, I get a:

Login Response

Login Unsuccessful

LoginServer conn. error

In the display of the phone.

I have tried enabling Anonymous access to the LoginService directory in ISM.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

When I browse to my server:8080 I get the CRA info blip, so I know its out there, I just am not sure what the "block" is in the login process.

Anyone know which traces I can turn up to see where the break is?

6 Replies 6

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

I would think it would be related to one of the following:

Error: After entering name and password, System generates ‘LoginServer conn. error’

Problem:

- The IBM 340 series servers do not have anonymous access correctly configured for login (CSCdu62820)

Solution:

- Enable IIS to control the password for anonymous devices. See http://cco/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_22/trbl22/vatrmain.htm#

xtocid2573335

Problem:

- the IP address of the CM Publisher changed.

Solution:

- In DCD Admin, goto cisco.com->CCN->systemProfiles. Select the 'Hoteling Profile'. Verify the IP address in the URL field. This should be the IP address of the CM publisher.

Problem:

-When integrating with Microsoft Active Directory, the base context for the apps engine is incorrect

Solution:

-On the Application Server, set the base context to include a cisco ou (not just a cisco dc). So for the company mycompany.com, the base context would be ou=cisco,dc=cisco,dc=mycompany,dc=com (change the mycompany entry to the site specific name).

NOTE: When the base context is changed, the application settings must be reconfigure to find the directory information in the new context.

Problem:

-Check the http:\\cm_ipaddr\LoginService\Tools\sampleloginapp.asp. If the error returned is "Error Parser Class Not Found org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser null"

Then during installation, the Virtual directory was not created and the ClassPath was not inserted

Solution:

-The installation failed some manner. (root cause not yet determined)

-First, under Default Web Site, create a new virtual web named LoginService. The local path should be C:\CiscoWebs\LoginService. Change the application protection to High(Isolated) Next, follow the steps to allow IIS to control the password for Anonymous devices.

-Once the virtual web has been created, the system variables for ClassPath must be added to allow the SAX parser to perform it's tasks. Right click on My Computer->Properties->Advanced->Environment Variables. If the ClassPath variable does not exist, create the variable. The value for ClassPath should be:

C:\WINNT\Java\Lib\DirUser.jar;C:\WINNT\Java\Lib\Xerces.jar; C:\WINNT\Java\Lib\DirUserNotification.jar

Click OK 3 times to save the new environment variable.

-Stop and restart the IIS services

Thanks for the info... It turned out that someone changed the IP address on the box.

Changing the ip address of CCM and breaking EM is a known issue. There has been ddts CSCdv36053 filed and it looks like it is suppose to be resolved in CCM 3.1(3a) and 3.2(1).

Thank you,

-Mckee

We have the same problem.

I know that the ip address of the box was changed between the time we installed CRA and the time we configured extension mobility. The problem is when I go the DCD and cisco.com->CCN there is no branch called sytemProfiles. There are two similar branches. One is labeled 'profiles' and the other labeled 'systemProfile'. Both of them have no data in them.

Are there any reports conflicts with Personal Assistant and extension mobility? Personal assistant is working with this machine and is present in the DCD directory. (PA isn't installed on this machine.)

Thanks.

I don't think PA has anything to do with your problem. When you are in DCD: click the + next to cisco.com, click + next to CCN, and then just click on systemprofile. On the right you should see "System Profile" and "Hoteling Profile"

Double-click the Hoteling Profile entry and modify the URL if it's pointing to the old information.

dcharlier
Level 1
Level 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: