Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Extension Mobility/Login Service

I've been working to set up mobility, my question is - where do you point the phone services for the login/logout service? :-)

I can see login services in the default web tree of CM - but if that's them there are a lot of asp pages and I'm not sure if you have to customize the menu call to send those parameters, etc?

Has anyone who's got this feature working tell me the (probably simple) secret to getting the login service up?

Thanks!

- Ken

kenjohnson@letu.edu

3 REPLIES

Re: Extension Mobility/Login Service

Ken,

Have you looked at the help files on the CRA app, they do talk you through the implementation of extension mobility.

You need to configure them in IP phone services not in the system services menu.

They are also quite long URL's so I really do urge you to look at the helpfiles.

Then you simply subscribe the users to the services.

I would suggest installing BAT, that way you can add the login service to every phone very quickly. (but not during working hours!!!!!!)

I don't know how many users you are going to add but configuring the profiles is a loooooong job, so much repetition, I would get the trainee to do it and get on with something more useful :-). Then just subscribe the logout service to the profiles, as when your logged in you only need the log out service, and when your out you only need the log in service.

Unless you are going to give everyone extension mobility I'd only allow log-in services on those phones that will use it, otherwise you need to create a logged out profile for every phone also.

I've created a profile with no lines and set everyphone to use that using BAT. It's quite interesting as you are left with a handset that looks almost correct, but with no nimber and no dial tone.

Paul

Thanks Paul - I'm going over that now - not sure why it slipped my mind where the bulk of the mobiliy docs would be :-( Silly Silly Silly...

- Ken

You need to point the phones services to the server that is running the extended applications services.

Extension Mobility is a seperate application from CallManager itself, you have to download from CCO.

You can install it either on a seperate MCS/IBM box or you can install it on a server that has CM already installed (read the notes on the limitations)

This is quite a useful link for configuring mobilty:-

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/serv_fea/ext_serv/esgd03.htm

And this one covers the installation and requirements etc:-

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/serv_fea/ext_serv/

Gary

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content